Friday, March 4, 2011

Bend and Not Break

This week was a little bit shorter because of our three-day weekend. However, the week in itself seemed to last forever because of homework assignments and testing. The program's focus is to better our Chinese at a faster pace than we have ever experienced. I do not enjoy learning 50 new words and phrases per week, but I do think that I will appreciate it later on. Having fun students in my class definitely helps the three hour-long classes go by quicker.

After class, all the students gather into one large group. Since we always eat lunch/dinner when our class ends at four, several groups form as people decide what they want to eat. This becomes especially difficult when the options are endless. So far this week, we've eaten dumplings, pizza, and fried chicken. Because there are several people who were here last semester, we often let them lead us to places they think are good. While there are many places that are delicious, not anyone can make burritos and noodles taste good.

As of now, the only thing I really want is a Tommy's burger. I don't miss food from home because I've found almost everything I want, here in Taipei.

Other than that, I've successfully avoided any sicknesses, and I'm still trying to get used to the humidity here. On most mornings, I put on soggy clothes because of the moisture in the room. Hopefully, when the weather warms up, the humidity won't seem as bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment