Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Current Events

85 Degrees are everywhere in Taiwan. I was interested in the quality of their coffees and cakes, but I can truly say that I'd much rather eat local desserts. The price was really good (40NT), especially in comparison to Irvine, but it was forgettable.

I went with some friends to a cantina/bar on Friday night, and we got drinks and Mexican food. I wouldn't say the nachos were good. But I wouldn't say the nachos were bad. I think that I was looking for fake yellow cheese, and thus this high-quality stuff didn't meet my low-quality standards...if that makes any sense. 

Ramen in Taiwan is so cheap! For only 90NT, I got tender, flavorful pork slices with all the goodies in a miso-based broth. And the bowl was too big to finish. And they gave us free red tea. This was probably one of the best places I've eaten at.

The green bean and grass jelly milk comes from a stand right by my dorm. I would probably have to wait 1-2 minutes on my way to school, and maybe 2-3 minutes at night. But on the weekends, the line is over 40 people long. A friend and I waited over 15 minutes to get our drinks, but obviously people think it's worth it.

Auntie and Mom took me to this local stand for dumplings one day, and I'm terribly excited about the find. It can be expensive, as this is 60NT, but the flavor is so comforting. Part pepper, part ginger, part green onion&pork. And, they usually include a small shrimp on the top of each one. But I got too excited and ate them all before I was able to take a picture. 

My favorite vegetable here: pickled cucumbers with garlic&hot peppers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment