Tuesday, March 1, 2011

My Best Friend

I've had the opportunity to go to the gym several times, and I wasn't a big fan at first. But, I knew that the first step to staying somewhat fit in an environment filled with delicious food, was to get my exercise in regardless of the gym's quality. However, I am pleased to say that I look forward to working out every day because of one, and only one, reason.

My stationary bike encourages me.

I would take my camera with me one day to show you, but I don't want to risk losing the camera. Nor risk losing my reputation as being sane. The bottom line, every five minutes or so, a phrase runs across the electronic screen of the stationary bike. Below is a sampling:

- "You are doing great." (This one was the first one I ever read. I thought it was super exciting at the time, but  this was only the beginning of several sentences to come).
- "Make this a good work out." (The messages started to get a little deeper. Did the machine know that I was getting tired? Was my speed letting it know that I was getting low on energy?!)
- "You make this look easy." (This one nearly made me blush. I must have been on a roll!)
- "Focus on your goal." (At this point, I was looking around the room to see if anyone was controlling the thing. The phrases were starting to get a little too deep for me, and I was also wondering if anyone could see what I was seeing)
- "Nicole, I am your father." (This one isn't real, but I've gotten different messages each time I've worked out, so it's definitely plausible)

No comments:

Post a Comment