Sunday, February 20, 2011

Where Nicole Roams

Since my Saturday was completely free, I took the liberty of making the day fabulous by starting it off right. I slept over 10 hours and woke up at 12:30pm. Unfortunately, the sun was too shy to come out, so he sent his friend the raincloud out to make the weather absolutely miserable. I had previously made plans to go to a famous breakfast stand (open 24 hours...thank you!) and UNIQLO at the Uni-President Department Store. Since I was without umbrella, I decided to just take the subway to my destination.

Yong He Dou Jiang Da Wang! I still can't believe it's open 24 hours a day...

My entire breakfast cost 90NT...I had to pretend to take the rice roll to go so they wouldn't think I was eating it all at once :( Besides dessert, I wasn't able to eat anything else for the entire day.

Egg pancake (20NT): Delicious. Delicious. Not nearly as oily as others, and their pancake was thinner than a tortilla, but still really chewy and flavorful. My favorite part of the meal.

Soy milk (20NT): It was probably really authentic, but too thick for my taste.

Rice roll (35NT): The man literally made the rice roll in front of me. I think that was the first time I'd ever seen one made just for me. So yummy! Lots of dried pork and pickles.

Oil stick (15NT): Since I didn't get to there until 2pm, these weren't made fresh. So instead of being hot and crunchy, it was more warm and doughy. But still worth it.


Subway exit to the department store :D

I'm not usually drawn to restaurants or stores with long lines and lots of hype, but when I saw people waiting for this particular stand, I couldn't help but get one for myself too.

Strawberry Banana Crepe with Chocolate&Fresh Cream 

Even though the main reason I came was for UNIQLO, I ended up not purchasing anything. They ran out of my size on one item, didn't have the jacket I wanted on sale, and had an endless line (which didn't make it worth it for the last item).

By this time, it was already past 6:30, so I made my way home on the subway. Three lines. Two transfers. Two missed stops. It's going to take some time to get used to this...

No comments:

Post a Comment