Saturday, April 2, 2011

Day 7 - Kenting to Kaohsiung

Rise and shine! It was our last day of spring break [together] and we wanted to make sure that we got the most use out of our bike rentals. So, after eating breakfast at the hotel, we went to the garage and immediately set out. I had no idea where we were going that day, so as we biked and biked and biked, I was getting concerned that we wouldn't make it back in time to return our bikes on time. Finally, we made it to the beach. It was by far, the most beautiful beach I have ever seen in my entire life. Maybe when I see the beaches in Cancun or Hawaii (again), I'll change my mind, but the sand was pure powder and the water was unbelievably clear. It was such a shame that we only had 25 minutes there. On our way back, the motorized bike ran out of battery, so we made a pit stop at the closest 7-11. They called the rental shop and they brought a new one for a charge of 200NT. Then, we made it back! and I learned that when applying sunblock, you must also apply sunblock to the backs of your hands...

After biking, we were very, very hungry. We added up the kilometers/miles we had biked, and our total was 27 miles for both days. We got fried rice and fried noodles at a local restaurant, went back to the hotel for our things, and got on the bus back to Kaohsiung.

After arriving in Kaohsiung, I said farewell to my beloved buddies, and took the subway for two stops to my uncles' home. When I walked up the stairs, my uncle greeted me as if I'd never left! I told him all about my trip and pulled out all the brochures and tokens I had collected. After a couple of hours, I went to get food from Chef Teng's (ham hock rice with seaweed and green veggies) and went to bed shortly after. Not before I watched a movie though. I have missed watching TV.

Bai Sha beach; Bai 白 is white and sha 沙 is sand.



No comments:

Post a Comment