Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Four-Day Weekend

This last weekend, I decided to take a trip to Kaohsiung because of the long weekend. Since I realized how little time I have left here in Taiwan, I wanted to make sure that I took advantage of any opportunities to go see my family. I would normally be begging to go back to see them :)

I was originally going to leave on Thursday morning, but I wasn't sure if my family had been notified, so I used the day for homework, errands, and relaxing.

On Friday morning, I took the 5-hour bus to Kaohsiung at 1pm, and arrived at around 6pm. My family immediately took me to my favorite restaurant Zui Pianyi for chicken with unlimited red tea. Afterwards, we went back to my uncles' house and I played cards with my little cousin. I was pretty tired after the long bus ride, so after my family left, I thought I'd fall asleep right away. In the end, I spent most of the night tossing and turning, until I finally fell asleep.

I was told Friday, that my uncle and aunt would be taking me out to lunch on Saturday. My other uncle would join us. We left at 11am and went to all sorts of places that were far away from the city. I slept nearly every time we got into the car. After a long day, I was dropped off at my other aunt's house so I could have dinner with my eldest girl cousin. She's usually pretty busy, so I had to make an appointment with her ;) in order to see her. After dinner, I went to the night market and NET. One of the best parts of going home is having a television. I make sure to watch as many movies while I'm there. But that night, after coming home from the night market, I fell asleep while watching Harry Potter.

On Sunday, I had the majority of the morning to myself. I got my delicious(!) sandwich from 大立 (Dali) department store and green tea with salty cream from GongCha, and went to the department stores to window shop. When I got home, my aunt called to see if I wanted to go to the Dream Mall. We did that, and then ended the night with dinner with my two (blood) uncles. WHO, by the way, I love to death.

No comments:

Post a Comment